August 27, 2007

Our Perfect Wedding

Our day was perfect. The weather was great. I got up early and when to get my hair done. A couple weeks ago, I went for a "trial run". When I got home I cried. My original hair do made me look like a 80s prom queen. The actual wedding hairstyle was much much better. I felt pretty, well I felt like I looked pretty. With bobby pins anchored inside my scull, my head hurt. A lot.

I arrived at the church about 45 minutes before the wedding. I didn't want a lot of down time before the ceremony, where I would have nothing to do but stand around. My bridesmaids were all there. It didn't take long to put the finishing touches on our outfits. My florist was so kind and let me borrow a blue bracelet, so I could be superstitious and have something "old, new, borrowed and blue".

My dad wouldn't "give me away" (He refused to "give away a perfectly good daughter") He did however walk me down the aisle and present me for marriage. :D I asked my Mom to read 1 Corinthians 13. It was beautiful. The pastor made everyone laugh when he told our story. We are such nerds. We said our vows and made our kiss just a little awkwardly long. :D

The reception was so much fun. The pastors daughter was such a doll. She was the first on the dance floor. People seems to have such a good time. I really wanted my wedding to be fun, so everyone could share in the joy of our marriage.

1 comment:

xxxx said...

Ohhh, I am so glad that it went well! Post pictures!