February 7, 2007

MBA from MBU?

I am bored. I'm thinking of going back to school to work on my Masters Degree. The company where I work gives tuition assistence. I don't feel like I need to have my degree, but it would be nice. I looked up all the rates of the different universities in the area. MBU is the least expensive, and I get a discount on the price, because I'm alumni.
As for getting a MBA, I could get a degree in marketing or communications, but I haven't had much success in finding a job in that area. I figure if I have a basic business degree, I will be skilled in more areas. Besides there are a lot more MBA programs to choose from.
My other idea is to get my realtor license. My mom and I were talking about it and we would make a good team. I haven't looked into this much, but thats my next project.
Any feedback?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you can get a real estate company to sponser you thru school it would be ok but even still you have to put in alot of up front costs to get you going. even if you work for a company its all about self marketing and knowing alot of people who would get your name out there and get you sales. if you have a talent for sales good. if your not sure and your heart isnt completely in it, not worth it
megan