August 14, 2006

Conflict!

I hate this! I did something I probably shouldn't have. My intentions were good; I just wanted to be nice to someone, but it has turned into a big mess. My ONE action has let to conflict between 6 people, and you want to know what I did? Go bowling. Yeah, that simple. Except I took Jo and a relative of Gg. The met, they liked each other, and they have spent much time together.

Now here is why I am at fault. I introduced them, really I just wanted to hang out once while he was in town-Gg doesn't like this part of his family and didn't really want me to have contact w/ him. I felt bad for him because he was on vacation and had been stuck at the house most of the time. Jo came along because
A. We passed right by her house
B. I thought if we brought someone else along it would be less date-like (I realize that a guy and girl can go out, without it being a date, but when neither of them are attached or close friends in the first places, it just makes things look better.)C. Jo gets bored a lot during the week and I thought I was being a good friend inviting her to do something.

Now it has turned into this big conflict. GG is mad at me for hanging out in the first place. I'm mad at Jo for hanging out with him like she has been. That and she called me at 6:30 in the morning to tell me about it. If it had just been bowling it wouldn't be much of an issue, but she made it so much worse, and I know she is not entirly to blame. Still, she is an adult and had to realize it would cause a problem.

I just want everything to go back to normal.
No More Drama!

5 comments:

Slatts said...

Welcome back to middle school. You know the adage, "no good deed goes unpunished".

Good job having fun and inviting people to join...if people want to be juvenile about what's going on at least they have you to help them with their 7th grade homework assignments.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think it is entirely Jo. Not to blame jo, just that it is entirely Jo. Insider information you know? Anyway, is GG is mad at you for hanging out with anyone that would be his problem. GG has no reason to think he has control over you.

(I broke the code, now to encode myself!)

Robert C.

Stew said...

Ok, first, GG, cool out. Take it easy, no reason to get upset. As far as Jo, I say, whatever. When it comes to drama, I don't get involved, I just don't care. Unfortunately, you are the catalyst in this drama and there isn't much you can do about it. I say, everybody, let it go! (My thoughts.)

Anonymous said...

i know what ur talkin about, Jo called me the other night. There was nothing wrong with what you did, you were in the innocent just thinking of others and trying to have fun......dont feel bad. It was entirly up to gg's family member to like Jo and not ur fault they hit it off or whatever. You were just trying to be a nice person, its the dude and Jo's fault if anything awry happens due to their hanging out.

Anonymous said...

I'm not GG. I am not saying Jo was wrong in doing anything, just that it was jo's choice. I have no personal problem with what Jo did and I don't understand why others do. Maybe I am missing something though.

Robert C.