January 1, 2012

Delight

For some reason, I never get invited to big New Years Eve Bashes. Sometimes my husband and I will try to host a party and while our parties are fun, we typically only get two or three "yes" responses. This year we decided to have our own two person party. We made little smokes and chicken wings, and watched some Pirates of the Caribbean.

Can you believe, we have never seen the movies before now? I got the Lego game for Christmas, so we decided it was time to see the movies also.

The best part was just after midnight. There were several people in our neighborhood who decided to set up fireworks. I LOVE fireworks so much! There is something magical and beautiful about them that just makes me happy. I was standing outside in the surprisingly warm night air breathing in the faint scent of explosives, while watching the fire light up the sky. This year I want to remember to take delight in things. I want to enjoy every minute.

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

No comments: