January 28, 2012

Celebrity

Today I happened to be in the neighborhood of the restaurant where I used to work. I was there for over 8 years starting in high school and ending after I was married and working full time at another job. Its been at least a year since I last stopped by the restaurant, but there were still many of the same servers.

Everyone is always so nice and happy to see you when you go back and visit. There were a few new employees and when one of them started to greet me like a customer, one of my old co-works was like, "that's Tanya, she used to work here, she's cool." Its so fun to reminisce and see pictures of everyone's children that have grown a foot, since I saw them last.

My old boss even bought me breakfast, which was really nice. I need to go back more often, its nice to be a celebrity.

2 comments:

Modern Day Hannah said...

that's awesome :)

Becky said...

The reception you get on your return speaks very highly of the kind of worker/employee you were there.