So I've been working at the same restaurant since I was 16. Its my "fun job" I enjoy the people, and I don't mind the work. "When I work out, I lift plates not weights." For the past couple years, I've only been working the Sunday Morning shift, which is the busiest of the week, since its a breakfast restaurant. We get a lot of the after church crowd. My favorite people are our "regulars" most of which are retired people who come here to eat every day. Those are my favorite. I even invited a few of them to my wedding last summer. Now for my list of the best things about being a waitress.
10. You get a pocket full of money every shift, so you always have "change for a $5."
9. You get used to people mis-prounouncing your name or even forgetting it and will answer to most anything - Ma'am, Miss, You, Honey, etc.
8. Seeing the Sun Rise on my way to work at 6am.
7. Getting large amounts of good coffee to drink for free.
6. Not having to pick an outfit for when you work, since a uniform is required.
5. You don't have the temptation to catch up on reading blogs instead of working, since you are not sitting in front of a computer.
4. Every day is different and fun. I always come home with good stories.
3. Networking. I got my first "non-food related job" from a contact I made at the restaurant.
2. Its a good workout. "I lift plates, not weights".
1. When you really miss something up badly, that group of people leaves in a short amount of time and you never have to see them again.