September 21, 2007

The Day the Music Died

♫♪drove my Saturn by the levy, but the levy was dry♫♪

So about 3 weeks ago, I was in my car driving home from work. I was singing along with the top pop station (guilty pleasure) when all of the sudden the radio went quiet. At first I thought, no big deal, someone tripped on a cord at the station. I should switch to one that plays more quality music anyways. I switch. Nothing. I look around to make sure Jericho hasn't really happened, but things look okay. No mushroom clouds. So I put in a CD, and don't make a big deal out of it. Levi says maybe my antenna came loose. This sounds reasonable. Until we get around to fixing that I'll just listen my CDs.

Well Monday morning, I get into my car, all ready to rock out to some Deathcab for Cutie (well as much as you can rock out to DCfC) and all I hear is silence. Nothing. I take the cd out and put in a different one. Yes, I thought maybe the album that worked perfectly yesterday suddenly developed a problem and was no longer functional. I put in someAndrew Peterson, still nothing but that dumb error message.

So now I am totally car musicless. I have an MP3 player though, so I figure if I'm really desperate I can just use that and be all redneck. Well, I forgot to charge it, for two days. Then today I go to see Levi at lunch and its all charged up and ready to go. I was excited! So excited that I left my headphones on my desk.

I'll just have to sing to entertain myself. Other drivers watch out!

1 comment:

xxxx said...

I HAVE to have music in the car! I would totally be rocking the mp3 player. Although the headphones do help :)