July 5, 2007

Independence Day

My favorite holiday is Independence Day. I like it so much. Its the perfect day, the weather is always beautiful. You get parades in the morning. Fairs in the afternoon. People eat delicious food cooked outdoors on the grill, like hamburgers and hot dogs. Unlike Christmas there is very minimal prep time involved. Its a day to just enjoy yourself. The best part of the whole holiday is the FIREWORKS!!

I don't know why I enjoy them so much, I just think they are pretty. They whole sky is lit up with all these colors, and they make this wonderfully loud bang! This year I got to see them with Levi and a couple of our friends. They live in the same town as I and claimed to know the best spot to see them. As we were walking down the street, I was rather nervous. "Are you sure we will have a good view?" "Maybe we should go back to where everyone else is watching them." But we kept pressing on. It was so worth it. She knew the best place to see them. We had the best unobstructed close up view in a non crowded, not lighted place. It couldn't have been more perfect.

I love the 4th of July

No comments: