November 3, 2010

Financial Management

Don't worry I'm not going to start telling you how to manage your finances. I'll leave that to the experts (or maybe a post later this month). Since the beginning of this year, I've been working on my MBA. Its been a really good experience. I registered for school on a lark last December and its been a really good decision. I've always been pretty good at school, so most classes have been pretty easy. But my last class was so hard. It was Financial Management. I spent so much time doing homework for that class, but I feel like I learned a lot.

Growing up I hated Math. In high school, 3 years were required so 3 years is what I took. When I picked a major in college, part of my reason for choosing Public Communications was the fact that it didn't require any additional Math classes beyond college algebra.

But now that I'm a little older (and possibly a little more mature) I see the value of math. After the midterm I actually started enjoying the math type problems. They had an answer that was right or wrong. You could go back and check your work. That was pretty nice.

I wonder what other things in life I am missing out on, because I've held a level of prejudice towards them. Pickles? ...no still don't like them.

No comments: