November 12, 2009

NaNo 2009

It's here. Actually its been here for 12 Days, but I am just now getting around to sharing. This year I am going to win the NaNoWriMo challenge. I have been attempting to write a Novel each November for the last four years. Each year I get a little bit closer than the prior year, but I have never really gotten close. Today I am just a day's worth of writing behind (1,667 words), which I will hopefully catch up this weekend.

My story is about a group of friends, who decide to give their way through the Gospel for Asia Christmas Catalog. I think GFA is a great missions organization and I am happy to support them each year. I always get excited to look through the catalog. Last year, Matt and I were able to give someone a cow! I like to be able to give people things that make a difference in their life, not just things that will end up in a closet.

For those of you who have not heard about NaNo, its a non-profit that encourages people to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. The goal is attainable, but still challenging. I love to participate, because sometimes in life you have to do something hard to make yourself grow. There is a word count widget here on my blog, so you can see how far I am. If you are also participating in Nano you can view my profile here.

No comments: