December 19, 2004

A Southern "Fried Fish" Vacation

We are down in Louisiana visiting family. We go every year at least once, and stay with my Grandmommy. Its been a good visit so far.

Tommrow is our big fish fry day, where we have any available relative come by and my Grandmommy cookes lots of fish. Then we all stuff ourselves and sit around and visit. Its nice to visit with everyone, but I think I'm the only person who doesn't like fried fish. I don't like fried food in general, 90% of the time I don't even like french fries and everyone likes those. I guess I'm just strange, the odd kid who doesn't fit in with the rest of the family, at least when it comes to eating fish. I still eat it though. No way I'd risk offending my Grandmommy and telling her that fish is not something I enjoy. Plus if get enough other things on my plate and jsut eat a piece or two really slow, then quickly mention that I need to save room for dessert it works out fine. :) Shh.... don't tell.

No comments: