December 9, 2004

College Life

Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop at midnight working on homework, listening to the odd combination of music they are playing. I'm drinking a caffe latte with two good friends. This is what college is all about. It's not the homework that I'm doing that I will remember in 10 years, its the fun I'm having with my friends. Its the way we pause, to make a random comment about our homework. The way that Hannah mouths the words she is writing as she writes them makes me smile. The way that Daniel stops and stares at his laptop for a moment or two before beginning to go back to work, is funny. I wonder whats going on in his brain. How about the way I sit here over-anaylizing this. I want to just enjoy the moment. I have to write about it, I don't want to forget. My life is so influenced by these people, they make me who I am, or who I will be. In highschool this is what I thought college was really about. Now that I'm here its almost surreal. It's sad to think that in only 4 months this will be over. I don't want to grow up. I want to stay at this point in life forever.

No comments: